Reminding myself to K.I.S.S. (Keep it short & simple). Do you Love to Make Out? Just thought this would be a funny way to incorporate kissing and just saying that making has great health benefits.
The K.I.S.S. principle.
Keeping things short & simple is a skill that can pay huge dividends. The time you save when you keep things on point is a skill worth exploring.
Let's go over the three main topics that Sweat Nation believes make for a quality life. Then I will give you easy action steps you can K.I.S.S. with.
1) Surround yourself with information that will make your mind sharp on what you're trying to accomplish.
Example: If you want to lose weight. Listen to a podcast on fitness nutrition. I highly recommend the fitcast.
2) Sleep is #1A for optimizing your mind/body. If you're sleep is not well you can start by adding intense movement throughout your day that tap into your energy stores.
3) Follow Sweat Nation of FB so you have a place that is trying to curate all this style of info, so you don't have to.
1) To keep things simple; the recommendation to take action is listening to a podcast like Radical Personal Finance.
2) Pay yourself first. In other words. Pay all your obligations and Investments first; before you spend on consumption.
3) Invest in educating yourself. This doesn't have to be in traditional school. Always be in action of learning to become more skilled.
1) This one is really simple. You want to enhance your relationships. Listen! that's it.
2) Have a real conversation on how your ego affects the outcome of your life & relationships.
3) Be vulnerable. Open up to those that allow you to.
Bonus.....Top 3 Things you get from actually kissing!
1) Kissing releases the love hormone – Oxytocin:
There is a reason Oxytocin is known as the love hormone – it is released from the pituitary gland when we engage in sexual activity. It has the effect of making you feel sexually aroused and can also makes you feel a closer bond and more trust with your partner. When you kiss your levels of Oxytocin sky rocket, so kissing does make you feel closer.
2) The happiness chemicals are released:Kissing stimulates nerve endings on our lips, which sparks release of dopamine. Dopamine is the active chemical in the brain associated with pleasure. It makes you feel happy. It's also associated with feeling rewarded, which can make you want to repeat a behaviour. Endorphins are released when we kiss, these are neuropeptides that gives us a happy buzz, like after we exercise. Phenylethylamine levels also increase during a kiss, this chemical is actually similar to amphetamines, and it not only makes us happy, it has aphrodisiac effects too! Don’t worry if you don’t have a special someone to smooch, you can find phenyethylamines in dark chocolate!
3) You burn energy. Passionate kissing is said to burn 6.4 calories a minute. That means half an hour of kissing burns the same amount of calories as cardio for around 25 - 30 minutes. Go to the gym & then as a bonus get some ‘alternative exercise’? How's that for two-a-days!!
RIP to the Prince who reminds us to KISS